Get Best Anais Nin Quotes and Sayings With Images. We Collect Some Inspiring Anais Nin Quotes That Will Help You In Your Life. Must Read and Share With Your Friends.
21 Best Anais Nin Quotes
1. There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don’t work.
2. Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous. I want to be a writer who reminds others that these moments exist; I want to prove that there is infinite space, infinite meaning, infinite dimension. But I am not always in what I call a state of grace. I have days of illuminations and fevers. I have days when the music in my head stops. Then I mend socks, prune trees, can fruits, polish furniture. But while I am doing this I feel I am not living.
3. And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
4. I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn’t impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.
5. Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
Inspiring Anais Nin Quotes
6. You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.
7. We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.
8. I sat there for three hours and did not feel the time or the boredom of our talk and its foolish disconnection. As long as I could hear his voice, I was quite lost, quite blind, quite outside my own self.
9. I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing.
10. If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don’t write, because our culture has no use for it.
11. From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life.
12. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.
13. I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
Inspiring Anais Nin Quotes
14. Had I not created my whole world, I would certainly have died in other people’s.
15. I don’t really want to become normal, average, standard. I want merely to gain in strength, in the courage to live out my life more fully, enjoy more, experience more. I want to develop even more original and more unconventional traits.
16. There are many ways to be free. One of them is to transcend reality by imagination, as I try to do.
17. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
18. You cannot save people. You can only love them.
19. We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.
20. Everything with me is either worship and passion or pity and understanding. I hate rarely, though when I hate, I hate murderously.
21. There is not one big cosmic meaning for all; there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person.